Subscribe for Updates
We invite you to connect with us!
Simply fill in the form below and you will receive our newsletter, more information on our projects, and announcements and opportunities to volunteer!
You can also become part of our community by joining our Facebook Group where you are welcome to bring up points for discussion and share material related to the mission and vision of Chemists Without Borders. For general updates of our organization you can follow our Facebook Page!
Why Join Us
We are not simply a non-profit organization. We are a movement; a movement of people who have at heart the betterment of our planet using chemistry.
You can join the 1000+ members and volunteers spread across the globe. Together, sharing our passion for science and humanitarian work, we will grow in knowledge and expertise to improve the living and working conditions in various communities around the world.
We strive to develop social enterprise leaders as well as promote the self-development of our volunteers and members. At the same time, your knowledge, skills, expertise and moral support are essential to the success and growth of our organization.
When joining Chemists Without Borders you benefit from:
- A community of like-minded individuals
- Opportunities to develop your own projects and ideas
- Opportunities for collaborations
- Opportunities to volunteer
- Development of your skillset
- Making tangible improvements using your knowledge and skills
- Boosting your career options
As a member you will receive our periodic newsletter to learn the current activities of our organization. Moreover, you are also invited to join our bi-monthly conference calls where we discuss topics of mutual interest, share knowledge and obtain input. Click on the "Conference Calls" tab to learn more.
If you want to take it a step further you are also volunteer your time. Click on the "Volunteering" tab.
So do you echo our mission and vision?
Do you have a burning passion to be a change-maker? Join us!
We are a volunteer-powered organization. This means that your skills fuel our operations, activities and projects.
We trust that all volunteers believe in our mission, are willing to commit to the cause and add value to the organization.
The extent to which you engage is up to you. Whether you have a few hours each week, a few days each year or are able to devote considerably more time (20 hours a week), we can use your help. Most tasks can be carried out over the phone, web communication and email.
A (definitely) non-exhaustive list of possible tasks includes:
- Be an event representative
- Sharing interesting and relevant news on our social media platforms
- Writing an article for our blog or newsletter
- Joining the Fundraising efforts (working on sponsorships, donations, grants)
- Joining the Marketing team (graphic design, social media, communication)
- Sharing your ideas of potential projects
- Joining a specific project
- Giving legal advice
- Giving expert opinion on chemistry matters
- Starting your own project
How do I proceed?
- Subscribe here to join as a member
- Participate in the bi-monthly conference calls
- Follow us on social media
- Initiate or join discussions on our Facebook Group
- Contact us directly and tell us more about yourself
- Scroll down to check for current vacancies
Take a look at the available positions listed below and contact us to ask questions and explore any opportunities that fits your availability.
Chemists Without Borders is an equal opportunity 501(c)(3) organization.
CURRENTLY THERE ARE NO SPECIFIC VACANCIES.
Are you unsure if you are a match for the above vacancies? Worry not! Get it touch anyway and share your interests, skills and availability. We can then discuss how you can contribute to Chemist Without Borders.
We would love to have you join our team and we are positive you will find this an enriching experience!
Twice a month we hold a conference call to discuss topics of mutual interest and share knowledge, making it a perfect opportunity to connect with the Chemists Without Borders community.
Everyone interested in our organization is encouraged to participate in these interactive chats.
Conferences are held:
- On the first Thursday of each month at 9 AM – 10 AM PST.
- On the third Thursday of each month at 6 PM – 7 PM PST.
For help finding your local time, see here.
During these calls, we discuss the status of current projects, and solicit input on potential projects and how they may be implemented. We also cover general business and hold discussions on how we can grow our organization.
On occasion, we invite a guest speaker to cover a topic or talk about their area of expertise. If you would like to discuss a particular topic or want to propose a different time, get in touch and let us know.
The Toll Free Conference Dial-in Number in the U.S. is +1-(515) 739-1285
When asked for the Participant Access Code use the code: 727455#
If you are outside the U.S., you can get a list of toll free dial in numbers in other countries from: www.freeconferencecall.com or www.chemistswithoutborders.ca/climate/conference.info.php. Use the same Participant Access Code: 727455#
You can also make a low cost call to the conference by using Skype to make the call.